Join us for a dynamic and interactive panel discussion about re-examining Onshore vs. Offshore electronics manufacturing in today’s environment.
At this session, you will learn:
- The difference between “Purchase Price” vs. “Total Cost of Ownership”
- “Hidden costs” associated with Offshoring
- Key cost drivers in product design
- How to protect your Intellectual Property (IP)
- Mitigating risks such as: lead time, counterfeiting, obsolescence, compliance, natural disasters, political instability, & currency fluctuations
Offshoring gained popularity as businesses were forced to drive down the cost of manufacturing & retain their competitive edge in the market. However, there are ”hidden costs” and” total ownership costs” when manufacturing overseas. With recent shifts in labor costs, politics, and business dynamics, may companies are re-examining their decisions to manufacture product offshore vs. locally.
Jim, Dior, Shirish & Cindy will share their real life “war stories”, knowledge, expertise, tips and techniques that will help you understand how to select the right supply chain strategy for your business and product.
11:30 – 12:00 noon: Networking & food
12:00 – 12:10pm: Introductions
12:10 – 1:10pm: Expert Panel Discussion
1:10 – 1:30pm: Meritronics Factory Tour
1:30 – 1:45pm: Networking & close