- This event has passed.
SV Hardware Startup-to-Scale: Hardware Crowdfunding – Expert Panel Discussion
May 13, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
AVEGANT raised $1.5 million in February of 2014.
— How did they do it?
NOMAD raisied $161 K in 2012 on Kickstarter, followed by $172 K in 2013 on Indiegogo.
— Why did they use two different platforms?
INFINIWING raised $82 K in 2011 and angel investment of $1 Million in 2012.
— How did they raise $1 million additional funds after Kickstarter?
Join us to hear 3 Entrepreneur’s stories:
- Mark Palaima will share how AVEGANT raised over $1.5 million in 30 days, and their plans to meet growing customer orders.
- Noah Dentzel will explain how he built his team at NOMAD, ran two successful crowdfunding campaigns — one on Kickstarter and one on Indiegogo, and has built his business (so far) without outside investment.
- Ki-Tae Kwon will describe how INFINIWING raised $1 Million post-crowdfunding, met customer deliveries, and share business insights learned.
Learn how they …
- Recruited teams (paid?)
- Prepared Crowdfunding campaigns
- Managed their campaigns
- Finished product development (in budget?)
- Shipped products (on time?)
- Lessons learned
- Hardware startup tips
- Open Q&A
• Mark Palaima is a Distinguished Engineer at Avegant (www.avegant.com)
• Noah Dentzel is Founder of Nomad Goods (www.hellonomad.com)
• Ki-Tae Kwon is Founder of InfiniWing (www.landingzone.net)
- 6:00 – 6:45 pm – Networking and food
- 6:45 – 8:00pm – Crowdfunding – Founder Talks and Panel Discussion
- 8:00 – 8:30pm – Networking and close
**Note: Some products will be available after the talks for viewing