- This event has passed.
SV Hardware Startup to Scale: Managing Hardware Design Risk – Expert Panel
March 22 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Successful new product development (NPD) involves the art of balancing schedules, resources, and costs to enable products that launch on-time, with desired performance and at the right cost. Inevitably, trade-offs and risks must be made along the way. Companies that manage these trade-offs and risks consistently outperform their competitors. Our industry expert panel discussion will discuss how to identify and mitigate risks in development, as well as share their knowledge of emerging risks. The panelists offer a variety of perspectives – ranging from Product Design, Reliability, and Regulatory. Practical issues of how upstream design decisions impact downstream performance, quality and costs will be explored.
Out industry expert panel discussion will address issues including:
- Meeting your development schedule & cost
- Managing design constraints & trade-offs
- Concurrent engineering & communications
- Emerging new product development risks
- Reliability & regulatory considerations
- Wayne Firsty, Sr. Director Product Engineering / Mfg. / Test at Nutanix
- Wayne Miller, formerly VP Product Design & Development, Wonder Workshop
- Ken Kapur, Director Global Product Compliance at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Geetha Rao, CEO at Springborne Life Sciences
These experts will share their real-life experiences developing products at companies including Thermo Fisher Scientific, Game Golf, Life Technoligies, Agilent, Trimble Navigation, Nutanix, Mimosa Networks, and Creation Technologies. At this event, you will gain insights about how our panel have helped companies realize increased profits by launching high quality products on time, on budget, and within reliability targets.
11:30 – 12:00 noon: Networking & lunch
12:00 – 12:10 pm: Introductions
12:10 – 1:10 pm: Expert Panel and Q&A
1:10 – 1:30 pm: Networking & close