- This event has passed.
SV Hardware Startup to Scale: Medical Device Development for Newbies – Expert Panel
May 24, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Are you new to medical device development? Not sure what it takes to develop a medical product? Want to break into this stable and growing market?
Medical device development requires a deep understanding of the process, and a comprehensive set of capabilities to avoid the increased costs, documentation, and risk management associated with FDA regulated product development. While medical product development generally follows a standard development process, there are unique challenges that must be addressed in this highly regulated industry.
Join our panel of industry experts, where they will address issues including:
- Developing an FDA regulated vs non-regulated product
- Unique aspects of developing a medical device
- Rapid prototyping tools & techniques pre-FDA regulations
- Navigating risk management & shifting regulations
- Classic pitfalls that can delay or derail the development process
- Jennifer Ernst, CEO at Tivic Health
- Edson Lopes, Principal Engineer at Stryker Endoscopy
- Jeffrey Christian, CEO at Phoenix Deventures
- Howard Edelman, CEO of Advanced Resin Therapeutics & Member of Life Science Angels
If you are interested in learning more about the development of technology based medical products and learning from industry experts what it takes to succeed in this market, then this session is for you.
Our experts will share real-life experiences developing medical device products at a variety of medical device companies including Intuitive Surgical, Boston Scientific, Advanced Cardiovascular Systems, Cardiometrics, Unisurge, Phoenix DeVentures, Cothera, GameReady, Zeiss-Humphrey and more.
11:30 – 12:00 noon: Networking & lunch
12:00 – 12:10 pm: Introductions
12:10 – 1:10 pm: Expert Panel and Q&A
1:10 – 1:30 pm: Networking & close