- This event has passed.
Tariff Resistant Supply Chain
November 5, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Today’s ever-changing and uncertain tariffs have the potential to blow up your product supply chain. Supply chains are quite dynamic and nothing is “tariff proof.” However, a carefully considered supply chain strategy using a tariff resistant approach can minimize the undesirable impact caused by fluctuations and uncertainty. Join us for a dynamic and interactive panel discussion led by two long-time supply chain and tariff experts, Shirish Joshi and Ron Keith.
At this session we will cover:
- How a tariff resistant strategy can be beneficial
- Risk mitigation in a complex environment
- “Hidden costs” associated with offshoring
- The difference between “price” and “cost”
- Tips for protecting intellectual property
Increase your knowledge of supply chain, and gain new power to get your product to market on schedule. Learn how a strategy crafted by hands-on experts can help you leverage an alternative sourcing network.
- Help you collaborate with new design or manufacturing partners; Assess duties and classification decisions;
- Deal with political instability, currency fluctuation, and circus-style politics;
- Manage risk for lead times, obsolescence, environmental compliance, natural disasters, and gray market issues.
Speakers (fireside chat format):
- Shirish Joshi, Supply Chain Practice Lead, PRG & Founder, Amphion Solutions
- Ron Keith, Founder & Exec. Director, Supply Chain Resources Group
Call to Action
If you would like to share your product development or supply chain successes and experiences at a future meeting, please email us.
If you like the topic of this meetup, like us on LinkedIn and Facebook 🙂
Michael, Jessica & Theresa